Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Google Goodies

Google Goodies

My trial of using Google Docs to post to Blogger:

JamieLynn Griffith

Google Tools for Educators

A CA-BOCES workshop offered by Rick Weinberg focusing on everything GOOGLE! Here is my reflection on all the adventures in learning of the day.

Google Tools

Google Docs - Enjoy the simplicity, but still want more creative options.

    • Found the templates, but I want more Google. I'm one of those stereotypical elementary education teachers that likes the visual presentation aspect.
    • Etherpad - it's just like Edmodo Chalk!
      • Like how the kids can edit all at the same time w/ out interferring w/ each other

Google Reader

    • Had some time to "catch-up" on the blogs I follow
    • Learned that you can subscribe to a news topic
    • Rick recommended some A+ blogs that I've added

Google Wave

    • Need to do my home-work on this one for the What is a COMMUNITY? project next week
      • figure out how to create a group
      • send invites to those who still need one
      • decide if we want to share images too - slideshow
      • embed the "conversation" on our site & the Google Presentation
      • robots -??
      • playback option

Google Books

    • Everything I search for doesn't have a full view option - bummer

Google Squared

    • A detailed search - still thinking how to use this?

Google Mobile Apps

    • Maybe if I ever have a charged phone that's a current piece of technology I'll have to re-visit this area

Google Calendar - I want to color-code my life

    • Deciding how I want to utilize this

Google Guru

Rick has an amazing wealth of knowledge in technology education! He's so creative too - I loved his Google Learning Adventure that he created as a differentiated extension of what the workshop had highlighted. Thanks for the inspiration today Rick. Here's one more link in efforts to make you #1. Rick's blog can be found at http://edtechman.blogspot.com/





2 comments:

  1. JamieLynn. Wow. Thanks so much for your kind words. Actually, I wish you could be my children's teacher. Thanks again. Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a parent I realize the value of your comment. I appreciate the honor in your thoughtful words. I enjoy teaching and attempt to make the learning adventure for my students and myself worth all the bumps in the road that are encountered as part of the educational journey.

    ReplyDelete