Friday, February 5, 2010

Gumby

Ever feel like you've stretched yourself so thin in so many areas of your life? I have!

Advice from others..............."slow down"..............why is this so difficult for me?


A wonderful friend and collegue of mine has a favorite saying when referencing reading. I can't remember who the reading guru is who originally said it, but I think I need to put that into practice!

"Slow down to speed up!"



I call myself a recovering perfectionsist, but still have the personality tendencies of a Type A! Why do I constantly push myself to be the overachiever?



Everyone had their Educon experiences. Plan A: Attend the conference. Well, that didn't work out. Plan B: Attend virtually. I attempted to attend virtually, yet spent time with my family instead. On my second attempt - of course I couldn't just let it go, give up, stop pursuing...things worked out. Yet, the conversations have continued and one can still learn from Educon. From reading everyone else's comments, posts, etc. I've come to the conclusion that one important element that many gained from the experience is, that it's all about relationships.


My "Things Can Always be Better" Goals:
1. Focus - on my students' concerns, interests, and needs more
2. Find - other teachers to collaborate with and share more ideas
3. Family - make every attempt to make the small moments quality ones
4. Friends - go out of my way to "be there" in any way possible
5. Figure - out ways to continue to learn from others and be accepting that others may actually learn from you


I really like this ebook that was created in Ben Hazzard and Rodd Lucier's session. I didn't participate in it, but I'll use it for inspiration....




I'll never slow down. Honestly, I think it's okay! I'll keep pursuing my goals in my typical fast-paced manner, but in order to "speed up" I need to keep my focus clear. I have SO many things to learn......but I'm learning! I can't keep up......but I'm still learning! I'm so glad that I have people to learn from and that inspire me.


So, here's to continuing to make attempts to build even stronger relationships with others in all aspects of my "gumby" life................and to focus on the moment and being real in "real-time."



No comments:

Post a Comment